2 pkgs (454g each) New Zealand Spring Lamb® Ground
1/2 cup Red onion, grated
2 tbsp Dried Italian seasoning
1 tsp Sea salt
4 cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
½ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
brown rice, or your favourite grain
halved Red onion
thinly sliced Cucumbers
sliced Kalamata olives
pitted Feta cheese
crumbled Tzatziki sauce
Olive oil (optional)
Fresh dill or mint
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC), line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with aluminum foil or baking parchment.
- In a large bowl combine all the gyro ingredients, mix with a wooden spoon or hands until combined
- Press the mixture evenly and firmly in the loaf pan, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove oil from pan and drain off juices and allow to cool, or cool, cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to use.
- On a cutting board slice gyro into thin slices (at this point you can use the slices as is, but for a more authentic flavour, go to next step).
- Lay the gyro slices on a foil-lined baking sheet and set under a broiler, grill both sides until golden
- Fill your bowls generously with quinoa (or your grain of choice), salad greens, cherry tomatoes, red onions, cucumber, olives, and slices of prepared lamb gyro
- Top with tzatziki sauce, a drizzle of olive oil (optional) and fresh dill/mint (optional).
- Serve with lemon wedges.