People don’t know how delicious and nutritious lamb can be, so check out New Zealand Spring Lamb to try some out for yourself!
Slow Grilled Rack of Lamb with Pomegranate Molasses
- Weight: ~2.5 lbs total
- Marinade Time: 30 minutes – 4 hours
- 2 racks of New Zealand Spring Lamb
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs thyme and rosemary
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup hot honey
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1/2 of one lemon’s juice
- 3 leaves mint
- Salt to taste
- Blend marinade ingredients (shallot, garlic, thyme, rosemary and seasonings) together and cover the rack of lamb.
- Marinate the lamb in the paste for 30 minutes – 4 hours.
- Preheat grill and sear the rack of lamb until brown over high heat.
- Sear off the lamb on the grill and move to indirect heat (250 degrees) for about 20-30 minutes or until 140 degrees internal temperature.
- Make glaze of pomegranate molasses, or balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Mix the crème fraîche with chopped mint, squeeze in a lemon and season with salt to taste to make your sauce.
- Slice and serve with 1/2 cup yellow rice and drizzle glaze on top.
- Dip in sauce and enjoy!
Recipe Credits: @thegoldenbalance