Pulled Lamb sliders with New Zealand Spring Lamb leg! Smoked low and slow just like traditional pulled pork. The result? Tender, succulent, and juicy lamb!
Are you ready for the tastiest, most tender melt in your mouth meat you’ve ever had? Pulled lamb is, quite simply, sensational and a family favorite. New Zealand Spring Lamb is 100% grass fed and free range without the use of antibiotics or hormones.
- 1 leg of lamb – bone-in or boneless
- Your favorite BBQ rub (I used my Sweet Heat)
- Apple juice, for spritz
- 1 can cherry cola
- Brioche buns
- BBQ sauce
- Prepared coleslaw
- Preheat your smoker to 250 F.
- Make ½ inch crosshatch cuts across the leg.
- Season both sides with the BBQ rub.
- Place the leg of lamb fat side up on the grill and smoke until 170 F internal. Spritz with apple juice after 3 hours and every hour after that.
- Increase the grill temp to 275 F. Place the lamb in a pan and pour in the coke once the internal temp is 170 F. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and smoke until 200-203 F.
- Place the tray in an empty cooler and rest for 1 hour before shredding.
- Build your sliders. Toss the shredded lamb in BBQ sauce and place some on the bottom half bun, top with more BBQ sauce and coleslaw.
- Now dig in!
Recipe Credits: @queenofthegrill