1 (3 1/2 lb) New Zealand Spring Lamb® boneless leg, butterflied
olive oil, as needed
2 tbsp each chopped fresh oregano and basil
1 (170 ml/6 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
1 (170 ml/6 oz) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped (optional)
¼ cup pine nuts (optional)
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F (175ºC)
- Lay the leg of lamb flat on a clean work surface, pat dry with paper towels. If there are portions that are much thicker than others, butterfly the portions to make it evenly thick.
- Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle with oregano and basil and top evenly with artichoke hearts, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olives and pine nuts.
- Starting at one short end, roll the lamb up tightly, making sure to roll the meat so slices will cut across the grain. Tie the roll snugly at 1-1 ½ inch intervals with kitchen twine. Place in a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Roast in preheated oven to your desired degree of doneness, or an internal temperature of 150º F (70ºC) for medium, about 90 minutes.
- A half hour before cooking is complete, remove foil to allow the roast to brown.
- Once cooked through, cover and set aside to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing.