Rack of Lamb with Mint Pesto
- Serves: 2-3
- Cut: Rack
- 2 Frenched Racks of New Zealand Lamb
- 1 tsp each salt and freshly ground peppe
- 4 cups (40g) lightly packed mint leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1/3 cup (40g) almonds, with skins
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- grated zest of one lemon
- salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- Using a food processor or blender, grind the mint, almonds, garlic and lemon zest together until they are finely chopped scrapping down sides as ingredients begin to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper and slowly add olive oil while blending until mixture resembles a paste.
- Preheat the oven to 400° Line baking sheet. Pat lamb dry with paper towel. Season both racks of lamb all over with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Sear for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Transfer lamb to prepared pan. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare or until the internal temperature registers 140°F (60°C) when an instant read thermometer is inserted into the center of the rack. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve and Enjoy!